Firefox - Scroll with middle mouse is not working [Solved]



Recently I installed Kubuntu 12.04 and there I installed Firefox 21.0, when I open it a tried to go down using the Scroll it did Anything. I searched by the problem, and I found some one with a "Problem" that I didn't even knew I had. it is not really a problem, it is something great. if you click the middle mouse button when you have selected Text it will copy the text, and if you press it over a text box, you will paste the text.

Here is the page where I found that

Firefox 3 middle mouse button error

Well, some one suggested go to about:config and disable the option middlemouse.paste. I did it, but Still the scroll was not working. but there I searched by scroll and compared every option with a firefox on Windows, fortunately the first option I compared was the spolution :P

Sorry if I bored you with this... Then the solution to the problem is:
Type in the Address bar

about:config

What is the Address Bar? It is the field in the top of your browser where you type the address of the site where you wanna go, for example www.youtube.com/Perfume

Now, there you will be asked if you wanna continue warning you that modify those setting might damage the browser. Just click on "I'll be Careful, I promise".

Now in the top of the page you'll see a text field, there you type general.autoScroll, it will filter all those options leaving you only one, I'm almost sure that it is set to false, and that is the problem, just do double click over it to change it to true and that's all it should be working now... if it is not working you can try with other options filtering them using Scroll, but remember your promise to be careful ;) If everything is working now you can test the scroll goind down and watching the Video below meanwhile you celebrate like Kashiyuka does ^_^



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

View PDF File on APEX (Simple approach)

Set Custom APP Icon on APEX

ID Basado en trigger y secuencia para todas las tablas - Oracle